We bring you the best 24 inch monitor for 2021 to ease the burden of making a selection from the myriads of brands out there, competing for your cash. In this review, we’ll be covering the best 24 inch monitor for gaming, video editing, graphic design, photography, and the best 24 inch monitor for office productivity.
We also review the best 24 inch touchscreen monitor, the best 24 inch curved monitor, the best 24 inch budget monitor, the best 24 inch value monitor, and the best designed 24 inch monitor. Lastly, there’s also a 24 inch 4K monitor in this roundup.
But before we dive into it, let’s look at the underlying technology available today in computer monitors or displays. From the advent of the lowly black and white display featured on the Apple II computer, the computer monitor has come a long way. Today, we have sleek and beautiful display monitors delivering top-notch images to the computer user. We have various technologies when it comes to computer monitors, but the purpose remains the same – to provide the user with a view into what’s happening on the computer.
Comparison Table for best 24 inch Monitor for 2021
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- COMPARISON TABLE FOR BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR 2021
- MONITOR TERMINOLOGIES AND TECHNOLOGIES
- MONITOR TERMINOLOGIES
- 10 BEST 24 INCH MONITORS
- BEST VALUE 24 INCH MONITOR – BenQ GL2460HM 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH CURVED MONITOR – Samsung 24-inch Curved LED Gaming Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH GAMING MONITOR – ViewSonic 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with FreeSync
- BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY – Dell 24-Inch LED Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN, PHOTO & VIDEO EDITING – ViewSonic Professional 24 inch Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH 4K MONITOR – LG 24-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with FreeSync
- BEST DESIGNED 24 INCH MONITOR – AOC 24″ Full HD Ultra-Slim Frameless IPS Panel
- BEST BUDGET 24 INCH MONITOR – ASUS VA24EHE 23.8” 1080p IPS Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH TOUCHSCREEN MONITOR – Dell 23.8″ Touch Monitor
- BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR MOVIES – Acer 24-Inch Full HD 3D Gaming Monitor
Best Wi-Fi Routers for Gaming and Streaming
We round up the best of the best routers for gaming and streaming. Full Review and buying guide
Monitor Terminologies and Technologies
In this section, we look at the different terminologies and technologies associated with display monitors. To a layman, this is very important because you don’t want to be bamboozled into buying a piece of gadget by slick marketing language. So you need to know the meanings of these terms in order to make a wise purchase decision.
LED-LCD Monitor Display Technology
We have LED-LCD as a mainstream technology. It’s a low-energy, power-efficient display technology compared to the CRT of yesteryears. LED, short for Light Emitting Diode, is a display technology that employs tiny Light-emitting diodes for illuminating the screen. It’s a replacement for the now obsolete Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL) technology of LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors in recent years.
In fact, LED monitors make use of an LCD panel to control where the light is displayed on the screen by constantly aligning two sheets of polarizing material. So, the LEDs emit the light with the complete color information while the LCD panel takes charge of where to display the light. That’s a summary of how it works.
What about OLED and QLED?
There are other variants, including OLED and QLED technologies. OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology works by utilizing a panel of pixel-sized organic compounds that respond to an electric current. A panel consists of millions of such pixels and can be turned on and off. This enables the display monitor to offer deeper contrast ratios and better per-pixel color accuracy than any other type of display available. OLED displays and also much thinner. QLED displays, on the other hand, feature a Quantum Dot Material (hence the Q) which increases the brightness and efficiency. This translates to better color, grayscale reproduction and HDR (High Dynamic Range).
TN (Twisted Nematic) display technology is available in LCD monitors. They are used in the oldest LCD panels around and are much cheaper than IPS monitors. You’ll find them in the majority of desktop and laptop displays. TN panels appeal mostly to the gaming segment of buyers because of their ability to maintain rapid response times and higher refresh rates than IPS panels. However, LED-backlit TN models offer better brightness and contrast ratios.
That being said, the greatest constraint of TN display technology is the poor viewing angles it offers and the color and contrast shifting. Therefore, it is not suitable for professionals like graphic designers and photographers who require the best color and contrast accuracy possible. There’s also the price factor. TN panels generally cost less than IPS panels types of computer displays. It is best for gamers.
In-Plane Switching Technology (IPS) has been around for some years now. IPS technology was designed to overcome the limitation of TN (Twisted Nematic) technology which is the display tech of LCD monitors. IPS monitors have the main advantages of offering wider viewing angles and better color accuracy when compared to TN displays. IPS displays can achieve this by utilizing liquid crystals aligned in parallel to each other. Major advantages of IPS displays are distinctive color accuracy and consistency, maximum viewing angles, better response times and elimination of color shift. Drawbacks of IPS displays include below-average contrast ratio and more motion blur than a TN monitor. Gamers, color-critical application professionals and techies would find IPS panels most useful.
VA, short for Vertical Alignment, is a technology that was developed as an improvement to TN monitor technology. VA monitors offer better color reproduction, better contrast levels and also better viewing angles, just like IPS monitors. VA monitors are best for professionals like graphic designers, video editors, and photographers.
This is because of the strong color reproduction abilities of this monitor technology. The strong points of this display type include its wider viewing angle ability, higher contrast ratio, fast response times and affordability. Movie buffs, photographers, video editors, and content creators will find this display type most useful.
Best 3D Animation and Render Desktop PC Build – Full Guide
This guide features the indomitable AMD Threadripper CPU. Build a kick-ass render PC
A measure of the ability of a monitor to display the brightest whites and darkest blacks. The higher the ratio, the better the contrast ratio. Generally, LCD monitors have lower contrast ratios than OLED monitors.
Monitor brightness is measured in candelas per meter squared (c/m2) or nits. As a rule of thumb, a brightness of 250 nits is standard. Anything beyond this will result in eye strain. You should go for a very bright monitor if you plan to use it in a very bright environment.
This is a measure of how long it takes a pixel to transition from one shade of grey to another, or from black to white. It is measured in milliseconds. When it comes to response times, the lower the figure, the better. Longer response time results in the phenomenon known as “ghosting”, which is often common in fast action movies or games on some display monitors. This can cause distractions in the viewing experience.
This is the delay between when a user, for instance, a gamer, inputs a command with the mouse or keyboard and the action is displayed on the screen.
The monitor refresh rate is the number of frames the monitor can output in a second and is measured in Hertz (Hz). A monitor with higher frame rates is usually more desirable as it produces much smoother motion, especially in fast action scenes. Common refresh rates are 60Hz, 75Hz, 120Hz and 144Hz, among others.
This is simply a measurement of the ratio of the horizontal to the vertical of a display monitor. Common aspect ratios are 4:3 and 16:9. This means that for every 4 inches of horizontal, there are 3 inches of vertical screen space. Older CRT displays featured 4:3 aspect ratios whereas newer LCD/LED panels have an aspect ratio of 16:9, or widescreen. Widescreen displays are most suitable for movies and gaming experiences.
Progressive and Interlacing
This is the method by which a monitor displays images on the screen, either by progressive scan or interlaced scan method. The interlaced method is found mainly in old CRT monitors, and it works by displaying the images through horizontal lines, grouped as odd and even lines. Interlaced displays painted the odd lines first, then the even lines.
This technique resulted in the all too common flickering. Conversely, the progressive scan technique is seen in most modern monitors. It works by displaying the lines sequentially at a high speed. A typical monitor with progressive scan technology may be marketed as 720p or 1080p, with the “p” standing for progressive scan.
The resolution of a monitor is the maximum amount of horizontal and vertical pixels it can display at any given time and is usually measured in pixels. For instance, 1280×720=921,600 pixels. The resolution is also a function of the display aspect ratio or the ratio of the horizontal to the vertical.
Common monitor resolutions for the 4:3 aspect ratio include 640×480, 800×600, 960×720, 1024×768, 1280×960, 1400×1050, 1440×1080, 1600×1200, 1856×1392, 1920×1440, and 2048×1536.
For the 16:9 aspect ratio, we have 1024×576, 1152×648, 1280×720 (HD), 1366×768, 1600×900, 1920×1080 (FHD), 2560×1440 (QHD), 3840×2160 (4K or UHD), and 7680 x 4320 (8K).
You should take note of the fact that displays are usually rated as 1080p, 1440p, or 720p. Some manufacturers use the term incorrectly. For instance, a monitor with a display resolution of 2560×1440 may be marketed as a 2K monitor, because the horizontal resolution is above 2000 pixels. This is incorrect, as the true rating is 1440p.
If you see a monitor marketed as 2K, this isn’t correct. The true resolution is 1440p. The resolution is a determinant of how crisp your images look on screen. It is usually recommended to go for the monitor with the highest available resolution.
Let’s look at some standard resolutions you may find in monitors:
|720p||=||1280×720. This is standard HD or High Definition or HD Ready|
|1080p||=||1920×1080. This is also known as Full HD or FHD.|
|1440p||=||2560 x 1440. This is known as Quad HD, or QHD or 4 times 720p.|
|2160p||=||840 x 2160. This is known as 4K, UHD or Ultra High Definition.|
|4320p||=||7680 x 4320. This is also known as 8K.|
You may have come across the term native resolution. Well, this is the total number of pixels available in a display panel. In other words, the stock resolution. It doesn’t mean the panel can’t display other resolutions. It simply does this by emulating the chosen resolution at any point in time.
This is a measure of the diagonal for any given monitor, usually in inches. Common screen sizes vary from 15 inches to 42 inches and above. Common resolutions include 1280×600, 1280×800, 1920×1080, etc. Multi-monitor setups are installed for maximum viewing experiences, which requires hooking up multiple monitors together to achieve much larger screen space.
These are the ways monitors are connected to the computer unit. We have the VGA (Variable Graphics Array), the DVI (Digital Video Interface), HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) and DisplayPort. All these connectivity options have their differences, but the most modern are HDMI and DisplayPort.
Of all these options, VGA is analog while the rest are digital. VGA and DVI both can’t transmit audio, only video. HDMI and DisplayPort both are capable of transmitting both audio and video. VGA and DVI are both older than HDMI and DisplayPort.
If you are buying a recent LED monitor you’d probably not see a VGA port on it, but either HDMI or DisplayPort or both. Other connectivity options you should look out for are monitors capable of connecting USB devices, like smartphones, for charging and audio-out connectivity.
What about Sync?
Syncing is a term associated with monitors as far back as the early CRT monitors. It was introduced to minimize the effect of screen tearing. Dubbed V-Sync, this is a technique that allows a monitor’s refresh rate to be synced with the game frame rate for a better gaming experience.
Nowadays, the two major gaming graphics card manufacturers, NVidia and AMD, offer their proprietary syncing technologies – NVidia’s G-Sync and AMD’s Freesync. Both technologies enable the gamer to achieve smooth gaming experience over a variety of displays panels. An important point to note is this: buy a G-Sync enabled monitor if you have an NVidia graphics card, and a Freesync monitor if you have an AMD graphics card.
Best GPUs under 100 dollars – Full Review
We review the best entry-level graphics cards for under 100 dollars plus a full buying guide.
10 Best 24 Inch Monitors
We hereby present to you ten top 10 best 24 inch monitors for 2021 for a variety of purposes such as graphic design, photography, video editing, movie watching, gaming, office work, best value monitor, best-designed monitor, best budget monitor, best 4K monitor, best touchscreen monitor, and the best-curved monitor.
All these monitors are 24-inch monitors, and the information you will find herein is a product of meticulous and in-depth research. The reason why we chose monitors in the 24-inch category is this: the 24-inch size is just perfect for most users. In addition, the price range is quite affordable for most users. We have monitors from Dell, Asus, Benq, Samsung, LG, Sceptre, Viewsonic, and AOC. If you are ready, here we go.
BEST VALUE 24 INCH MONITOR – BenQ GL2460HM 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor
Our best value monitor of choice, the BenQ GL2460HM 24 incher, is loaded with a host of features for the PC user. Whether you are going to be using this for gaming, watching movies, typing documents or doing a myriad of PC operations, this monitor stands out as a truly value monitor, delivering premium audiovisuals to users like you at a reasonable price.
This unit employs the VA technology for its display and is LED lit. It allows better color reproduction and visuals for professionals and ordinary users alike. It also has a wide viewing angle, much like an IPS display. Its resolution is Full HD, with a 60Hz refresh rate.
This enables you to view your visuals at a respectably crisp quality. The brightness is rated 250 nits, which is standard for monitors anyway, though we found this display very bright. Let’s look at the features of this display.
- LOW BLUE LIGHT TECHNOLOGY: This feature helps protect your eyes from prolonged exposure to a computer screen, which can result to eye fatigue and irritation. It does this by filtering out the blue light by using any of the four presets from the controls: Multimedia, Web Surfing, Office and Reading. The Benq 24-inch monitor is designed to care for your eyes. We appreciate that.
- ZERO FLICKER TECHNOLOGY: Monitors flicker at a rate of 200 times per second. Your eyes may not detect this easily, but the effects include eye fatigue and strain. Zero flicker technology effectively reduces eye fatigue and strain by eliminating the flicker at all brightness levels.
- ULTRA-FAST RESPONSE TIME: This Benq monitor has an amazing 2 milliseconds response time, one of the lowest we’ve seen. Your experience will definitely be ultra-smooth gaming and movies with this monitor.
- SENSEYE 3 TECHNOLOGY: This is a digital enhancement technology built into this monitor which enables automatic and dynamic image quality enhancement, bright and dark levels adjustment, color mapping and anti-aliasing. This a great feature for the price of this model and digital imaging professionals will find it most useful.
- HIGH CONTRAST RATIO: This monitor has a whopping 12 Million:1 Dynamic Contrast ratio for enhanced movie watching and gaming experience.
The built-in speakers don’t offer great sound, so you might want to shop for extra speakers like the Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers for better audio output. Another thing you should be mindful of is the location of the control buttons – at the back of the unit.
If you are going to be fiddling with it now and then, then don’t use it in a multi-monitor setup because it’ll be cumbersome reaching behind to change controls. In that case, you need to make it the rightmost monitor.
For connectivity options, you have HDMI, DVI, VGA, audio line-in and Headphone jack (if you want to use headphones). What about power requirements? This monitor is Energy Star Certified, with a rating of 23 Watts in active mode and 0.3 Watts in standby mode.
Let’s not forget that this unit is VESA compatible, which means you can mount it on the wall, or just plain stand it on your table. Finally, Benq offers a 3-year part and labor warranty, in case your unit develops a problem.
We find this monitor quite interesting, and with the host of features it offers, we designate it our best value monitor. If you like it as we do, don’t hesitate to click the button below and check it out on Amazon.
- Great price point for the array of features
- Great color reproduction
- Audio output jack
- VESA compatible
- Great viewing angles
- Wide connectivity options
- Poor speakers
BEST 24 INCH CURVED MONITOR – Samsung 24-inch Curved LED Gaming Monitor
From the electronics giant Samsung, this 24 incher is a beauty to behold, thanks to the distinctive curved screen. The Samsung curved display monitor is designed for truly immersive viewing experience, whether you are working or gaming. Curved screens before now were found only on large TV displays, but they have found their way to smaller screens such as this monitor.
Samsung has a long-standing worldwide reputation as a technology company, producing quality electronic products and components. This is reflected in the outstanding design and features of this monitor as our curved display of choice. For starters, it’s a Full HD monitor, has a refresh rate of 60Hz and a Response Time of 0.5 milliseconds.
The display is sharp and bright, with a brightness rating of 250 nits. It also has a decent viewing angle of 178o. Together, these features deliver a crisp and sharp image. The design stands out with its glossy finish and ultra-slim design. There is only one button at the back which controls the power and OSD settings. Users will find this button intuitive once they get used to it. It is convenient, simple and responsive.
As for color reproduction, this monitor scores average. If you are a professional graphic designer or photographer, you might want to go for the Viewsonic Professional Monitor because this monitor doesn’t deliver top-notch color accuracy. The major features built into this device include:
- SCREEN CURVATURE: The curved screen with a curvature of 1800R is designed for immersive viewing experience, drawing inspiration from the curve of the human eye.
- ULTRA-SLIM DESIGN: Measuring less than 0.5 inches thick, this screen spots a slim profile that many users will find stylish.
- FREESYNC: The Samsung Curved Monitor is equipped with AMD Freesync technology for stutter-free and smooth gaming and movie experience. With Freesync, fast action scenes render smoothly with less motion blur and ghosting.
- EYE SAVER MODE: Reduce the incidence of eye strain and fatigue by utilizing the Eye Saver Mode, which at the touch of a button is activated. This feature actively filters out the blue light and removes flicker, which has been found to be responsible for eye strain on display devices.
- OUTSTANDING PICTURE QUALITY: With Samsung’s active crystal color Technology, you experience vivid colors and richer blacks and whites with the 3000:1 Contrast Ratio.
- ECO-SAVING PLUS: This feature enables the monitor to automatically adjust brightness levels during use.
For connectivity, you have one HDMI and VGA ports each. Disappointingly, there is no audio output or jack. Finally, this monitor weighs just 7.3 lbs. The Samsung Curved 24 inch monitor is our curved monitor of choice.
If you’re a fan of curved displays, then check it out using the button below.
- Distinctive curved design
- Sharp and clear image
- Rich Contrast
- Easy on the eyes
- Intuitive control button
- No audio out
- Average Color accuracy
BEST 24 INCH GAMING MONITOR – ViewSonic 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with FreeSync
Our best 24-inch gaming monitor of choice, the Viewsonic XG2402 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor, is a solid piece of equipment every serious gamer should acquire. By a long shot, this product lives up to expectation, as it is packed with cool and indispensable features every serious gamer would love.
For starters, it’s a TN panel, and from what we observed it is as good as any decent IPS panel when it comes to function. It’s a Full HD, 144Hz monitor with 1 millisecond response time. The 144Hz refresh rate enables smooth gameplay. Don’t forget that this monitor has AMD Freesync for butter-smooth gaming.
The images are sharp and excellent that you’d even mistake it for an IPS monitor. All in all, we were pleased with the image reproduction. Let’s look at the major features briefly:
- BLACK STABILIZATION: This monitor is equipped with 22 customizable levels of black stabilization controls for better visibility and detail even in the darkest scenes of a game.
- GAME MODE: This monitor doesn’t just display pixels, it’s also gamer-friendly. With a keystroke, you have access to the Gamer Mode which allows you to apply pre-configured settings for specific game types, such as First Person Shooters, and automatically adjusts response time, refresh rate and color for an optimum gaming experience.
- BUTTER-SMOOTH GAMEPLAY: This is made possible by the inbuilt AMD Freesync technology which allows for automatic refresh rate adjustment during gameplay and effectively eliminates screen tearing, stuttering, and jerkiness often exhibited by cheap monitors.
- SUPER FAST RESPONSE TIME: This monitor has an ultra-fast 1millisecond response time. This is one of the fastest we have seen. After all, it’s a gaming monitor and you shouldn’t expect higher response times from a gaming monitor.
For connectivity options, you have two HDMI ports, a DisplayPort and a USB hub for connecting to various hosts such as Macs, PCs, and Laptops. You are also covered by their 3-year warranty coverage in case of eventualities encountered while using this monitor.
We loved the state-of-the-art design this monitor has. It’s superbly built for maximum ergonomics when gaming for long periods of time as it allows you to swivel, pivot, tilt and adjust the height to your desired taste. However, the speakers on this monitor are disappointing. If you want better sound, then you are better off with a headphone, such as the Runmus Gaming Headset. It has a fantastic sound and is user-friendly.
It’s got cool gamer-friendly features, it’s easy to use with the handy control buttons underneath the bezel. It’s the gamers’ monitor of choice. By the way, if you are looking for a gaming pc build to go with this monitor, check out our best gaming PC build here.
Otherwise, click the link below for the price.
- Sharp image reproduction
- Smooth gaming
- Great design
- Poor speakers
Best Budget Gaming PC Build- Full Guide
Thinking of building a gaming PC on a budget, follow this guide as we show you how
BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY – Dell 24-Inch LED Monitor
When it comes to monitors for office workflow and productivity, few monitors will beat the Dell U2415 Ultrasharp Monitor. According to Dell, it offers world-class screen performance for any office with its numerous workplace friendly features.
This monitor boasts a 1920×1200 pixel screen with a 16×10 display aspect ratio, which is classified as WUXGA. It has a refresh rate of 60Hz which is standard for monitors nowadays. Its colors are crisp and bright, thanks to the 99% sRGB coverage which produces accurate and consistent color reproduction.
It also features a 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 16.78 Million Colors, and 6ms Response Time. This may not be top-notch like a gaming monitor, but it is sufficient for everyday office work. Other notable features include:
- BETTER VIEWING ANGLES: This monitor provides a wide viewing angle of 178o, you’d almost mistake it for an IPS panel. This ensures you get the consistent views from any angle within 180o, whether you are in an office meeting or doing presentations.
- BETTER USABILITY: This monitor allows you to tilt, swivel or pivot it up to 90o clockwise or anti-clockwise for enhanced viewing experience. This is most useful if you are running a dual or multi-monitor setup. In addition to this, it is VESA compatible, meaning you can hook it up on the wall with a bracket for better viewing experience.
- BETTER CONNECTIVITY: The U2415 allows you to connect with other devices in the office easily. This is made possible by the 2 HDMI ports, one DisplayPort and mini-DisplayPort apiece. You also have a USB 3 port on the back for fast charging your compatible devices such as a laptop. There’s also an audio line out, in case you might want to connect headphones or an external speaker.
- BETTER POWER MANAGEMENT: The Dell 24 inch monitor is designed to reduce your energy expenditure by a smart feature: PowerNap. This feature either reduces the brightness to the minimum level or powers off the display when not in use. Besides, it is eco-friendly with the glass and LED panel having been made with arsenic and mercury-free materials. As such, it meets the latest environmental and regulatory standards.
For design, this monitor features a slim bezel, just 6.9mm at the edges. This provides an almost borderless viewing experience by leveraging this feature when you connect multiple monitors for maximum viewing experience.
One thing you should note though. To get the maximum resolution with proper scaling, you should connect the unit through a DisplayPort, or better still, get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. HDMI doesn’t scale properly at 1920×1200 pixels. If you use HDMI, the image will be stretched vertically and there is no way to correct this in Windows display settings.
Finally, Dell offers a rock-solid 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty and 3-year Advanced Exchange Service. In addition, their Premium Panel Guarantee ensures that your monitor is replaced if you notice even one dead pixel within the warranty period.
Accessories you might want to consider include the Dell Single Monitor Arm or the Dell Dual Monitor Stand if you are connecting two of these side by side. For a work PC, you can pair this monitor with, we recommend the Premium Dell Inspiron Desktop PC, a decent and high-performance office desktop, and a DisplayPort to HDMI converter for maximum connectivity.
With this monitor, you can rest assured your office productivity will improve noticeably and you’d have better output. We thought it’s a good bargain for the price. Here’s the link below if you are thinking of getting it.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Great Color Reproduction
- VESA compatibility
- Great Viewing Angles
- Inconvenient location of USB ports
- Lack of DVI and VGA ports
BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN, PHOTO & VIDEO EDITING – ViewSonic Professional 24 inch Monitor
So we’ve got this beauty of a monitor designed and manufactured for professional color applications such as photography, video editing, and graphic design – the Viewsonic VP2468 Professional Color Monitor. Any monitor can display color, but not all monitors can display it accurately as this machine does.
It’s got inbuilt color reproduction technologies that give it the edge over similar products. Artists such as graphic designers and photographers will appreciate its color capabilities. From the ground up, it is designed to match color output as much as possible.
This is a 24 inch (23.8 inches viewable) monitor with Full HD (1920×1080) display capability. It’s an IPS panel display with a refresh rate of 60Hz. Let’s look at some features:
- COLOR ACCURACY: This monitor is factory color calibrated to produce a color accuracy of Delta E<2 value with support for the major color spaces including sRGB, DICOM-SIM, EBU, etc. Whatever color space you are working with, this monitor will maintain consistent color reproduction at all times, enabling you to always deliver consistent results.
- PROFESSIONAL COLOR PROCESSING: It has a 14bit 3D Look Up Table (LUT) which is capable of generating up to 4.39 trillion colors for amazingly smooth and accurate color reproduction which is critical in image processing applications.
- HARDWARE COLOR CALIBRATION: There’s also the ability to calibrate this monitor with the ViewSonic Colorbration Kit (sold separately) which enables accurate color consistency at all times. It also features up to 5 Gamma settings, optimizing the display for graphic design, photography, video editing, and more applications.
- THIN BEZEL DESIGN: With an ultra-thin bezel enables you distraction-free viewing when you work. You can even place up to four of these monitors side by side for maximum screen real estate.
Finally, if you buy this monitor, you are covered by a 3-year limited warranty from Viewsonic. Though not a huge factor, but we like the lightweight of this monitor – just 7 pounds.
We’ve got a PC build for 4K Video Editing which you might want to check out, and if possible, pair with this monitor. But if you just want a super color-accurate display, by all means, go for this through the link below.
- Superb Color Reproduction and Accuracy
- Thin bezel design
- Multiple ports for connectivity
- Awkward positioning of Power and OSD control buttons at the back
BEST 24 INCH 4K MONITOR – LG 24-Inch 4K UHD IPS Monitor with FreeSync
The only 4K monitor in our review, the LG 24 inch 4K monitor from the electronics giant is a sleek device for those who love style and functionality rolled into one. We recommend this monitor for gamers who want a 4K monitor to game on, and who are not content with just a full HD monitor for gaming, like our gaming monitor of choice, the Viewsonic 24 inch Gaming Monitor in our review.
This monitor has most of the features we’d expect from a decent gaming monitor, such as AMD Freesync for smooth gameplay, a dedicated “Game Mode” for gaming optimization and black stabilization for dark scenes.
We mentioned earlier in this article that technically speaking, a monitor labeled as 4K is not really 4K in the true sense of the word. It’s just a marketing language because 4K doesn’t exist in the consumer products sphere, only in cinema video productions. So technically speaking, this is a 2K monitor. Its maximum resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels (8.3 million pixels).
The refresh rate is pegged at 50-60Hz, plus it has a response time of 5 milliseconds. This isn’t at par with the gaming monitor in this review, the Viewsonic 24 inch Gaming Monitor, which has a response time of 1 millisecond. This is one of the reasons we don’t recommend the LG 24 inch 4K monitor as a gaming monitor.
Now let’s look at the major features.
- FREESYNC: AMD Freesync enables for ultra-smooth gameplay by automatically adjusting refresh rates to match the game frame rates as output by the graphics card. This eliminates screen tearing and stutter during gameplay, especially in intense motion scenes. Please take note of the fact that Freesync is only available when you are using the DisplayPort as a connector.
- GAME MODE: Choose between 3 gaming modes, from First Person Shooters to Real-Time Strategy, you’ve got the optimal settings for the best experience during gameplay.
- SPLIT SCREEN TECHNOLOGY: With this feature, you can split your screen up to 4 divisions for effective multi-tasking using the inbuilt Picture In Picture (PIP) technology.
- 4K IPS TECHNOLOGY: Experience IPS in full 4K Ultra-HD with this monitor. You get to see every detail from wide angles in crisp and clear image production.
Apart from the fact that this is a 4K display, we think it’s a good bargain for the price point. The connectivity options include HDMI and DisplayPort. If you love 4K and are an LG fan, go for this monitor through the link below.
- Great viewing angles
- Black stabilizer setting
- No USB ports
- The anti-glare coating may cause distortion when viewed from above/below at wide angles
Best Gaming PC Build for all Budgets – Full Guide
We take you through our best guide yet on the best gaming PC build for all budgets.
BEST DESIGNED 24 INCH MONITOR – AOC 24″ Full HD Ultra-Slim Frameless IPS Panel
Our best designed 24-inch monitor of choice is the AOC 24V2H 24 inch monitor. Truly, this monitor screams aesthetics all round, with its ultra-slim bezel profile. If you are the type that cares about style more than anything else when it comes to computer hardware, in this case 24-inch monitors, this monitor would do justice to your quest, as it looks good sitting just about anywhere in your home or office. This review of the best 24 inch monitor for 2021 will not be complete without a mention of this beauty.
The AOC 24V2H is a combination of style and functionality. It’s a Full HD monitor with a 23.8-inch viewable screen. In addition, it’s got AMD Freesync tech built-in for stutter-free gaming. Its response time is 5 milliseconds, which is typical for monitors in its class. It’s also got a 75Hz refresh rate for optimal display performance.
Here are some features we love:
- IPS: The panel is an IPS type panel, with vibrant color reproduction and wide viewing angles which is typical. Whether you are working with it in an office or home, or gaming, or even watching movies, this monitor presents itself as a capable piece of hardware.
- ULTRA-SLIM DESIGN: The width of this panel is just a little less than 8mm thick. This provides maximum screen viewing space for work or entertainment.
- FRAMELESS DESIGN: The sleek and frameless design makes a statement of style and depicts what a modern monitor should look like. You can even daisy-chain up to 3 of them to produce a panoramic view of your desktop. With the slim bezel, this makes for a maximum screen view. Add to this the elegant brushed metal stand and you have a monitor you can be proud of.
- FREESYNC: With the inbuilt AMD Freesync technology, you can be sure you’ll always experience a stutter-free and smooth gaming experience.
We don’t recommend this monitor as a gaming monitor because it produces screen tearing in most games between 50-59 frames per second. If you are going to be gaming a lot, go for our gaming monitor of choice – the ViewSonic 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with FreeSync.
We also noticed that the clarity of images wasn’t consistently sharp and well defined. If you are going to be doing professional image editing or photography, we would recommend our monitor of choice, the ViewSonic 24 inch Professional Monitor.
Finally, connectivity options include an HDMI port, a VGA port, and audio in/out ports. Add to this is the lightweight of this unit, just a little below 7 pounds. If you want to make a statement of style, go for this monitor. We think it looks good. Click through the link below for the price.
- Ultra-slim bezel and stylish design
- IPS panel
- Limited connectivity options – no DisplayPort and DVI
- No speaker
- No VESA compatibility
- Poor image reproduction
BEST BUDGET 24 INCH MONITOR – ASUS VA24EHE 23.8” 1080p IPS Monitor
When it comes to budget options for consumer products, there is usually a trade-off in quality at some point or a lack of certain important features. Not so with this monitor. It still delivers good performance for the price. We present to you, our budget 24-inch monitor of choice, the Asus VA24EHE 23.8” IPS LED Monitor.
For starters, it’s a Full HD (1920×1080) LED panel with a 75Hz refresh rate, a 5 milliseconds response time, and an aspect ratio of 16×9. The brightness is at a stated value of 250 cd/m2. This is standard for modern monitors, making this monitor bright and crisp enough.
One of the outstanding user-friendly features this monitor boasts is its EyeCare Technology, composed of the Ultra-low Blue Light Monitor and Flicker-free Technology. The Ultra-low Blue Light Monitor protects you from harmful blue light which can cause eye strain during prolonged use. Also, its Flicker-free Technology helps reduce flicker for comfortable viewing experiences. It also helps reduce instances of eyestrain and other damaging ailments, especially when you spend long hours in front of a display.
In addition, its frameless design provides an almost-seamless multi-display setup view and the IPS feature allows a 178-degree wide viewing angle. This paired with an ergonomic tilt ensures a greater immersive viewing experience. Also, its Adaptive-Sync technology helps to eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay.
Connectivity options include HDMI, DVI, and VGA. There is no audio in/out port. It is also VESA compatible, meaning you can hook it up on a wall with the standard VESA mount. It also has good ergonomics which allows you to manipulate the display by adjusting the monitor via swivel, pivot, tilt, and height adjust options. The IPS panel provides excellent viewing angles, whether you are watching movies, gaming, typing, or browsing the web.
Weighing in at 10 pounds, the ASUS 23.8 inch LED monitor is quite heavy. Finally, if you wish to use this for gaming, its performance is ok but not the best. If you want better performance, then go for the ViewSonic 24 Inch 1080p Gaming Monitor. It’s a great gaming monitor and we love it. Otherwise, if you are constrained in terms of cash, this is a good budget monitor for general use. Click on the link below to check it out on Amazon.
- Fantastic price point
- EyeCare fights eye strain
- VESA compatible
- No audio ports
- A bit heavy
- No DisplayPort
BEST 24 INCH TOUCHSCREEN MONITOR – Dell 23.8″ Touch Monitor
The Dell P2418HT 23.8″ Touch Monitor is a solid piece of equipment designed for maximum productivity, whether in the office or at home. It delivers touch capabilities sweetly and efficiently.
Featuring a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080 and an 8 million to 1 dynamic contrast ratio, this monitor allows you to experience exceptional image quality display whether for work or play. Besides, it’s an IPS panel and LED-lit. Additionally, it has a response time of 5 milliseconds and a refresh rate of 50-60Hz.
We love the solid build of this 24 incher, with its load of features and capabilities. You can virtually maneuver it around as a big tablet, or as a regular monitor. We also love the wide viewing angles you can get on this thing, being an IPS panel. The colors are rich and crisp.
Here are some unique features below:
- DISTINCTIVE USABILITY: This monitor shines in presentations, with its outstanding usability featuring a versatile articulating stand that allows it to be adjusted from a regular desktop monitor position to a downward 60-degree angle touch orientation. It also supports tilt and swivel adjustments for maximum user-friendliness.
- SUPERIOR TOUCH: Equipped with a 10-point touch feature, this monitor delivers a responsive and natural touch experience, allowing you to swipe, tap, pinch or zoom intuitively.
- ADVANCED IN-CELL TOUCH TECHNOLOGY: With this advanced feature, glare, fingerprints, and reflections are effectively minimized and the result is a smooth and improved visual clarity that is eye-friendly.
- EFFECTIVE MULTITASKING: With the inbuilt Dell Display Manager software, you can easily arrange different application windows side by side for easy multitasking and smooth workflows.
In terms of style, the Dell P2418HT is built for those who love style and functionality – with its thin bezel, you have more screen room to work and play. Not only that, but you can also hook it up in a multi-monitor setup to achieve maximum viewing experience.
Connectivity options are aplenty – you’ve got HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3, USB 2 and VGA. You’ve also got VESA compatibility, allowing you to mount it on a wall. Another remarkable thing to note is the weight of this monitor – a mere 6 pounds.
One noticeable deficit is the lack of an integrated speaker. Well, if you really need a piece of equipment for desktop audio, you can go for the Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers.
Finally, you are covered by the Dell Premium Panel Guarantee for up to 3 years, that is, if you decide to buy this baby. Get this by all means if you are the touchy type. We promise you’ll love this one. Click through the link below to check it out.
- Great Viewing angles
- Touch capabilities
- Plenty of connectivity options
- VESA compatibility
- Great usability
- No integrated Speaker
- No DVI
Best Computer Config For Graphic Design (Updated)
This guide has all you need to build a kickass PC for Graphic Design
BEST 24 INCH MONITOR FOR MOVIES – Acer 24-Inch Full HD 3D Gaming Monitor
Here comes this awesome 3D Gaming Monitor from Acer. Yes. It’s a gaming monitor alright. But it doesn’t just function as a gaming monitor. It’s also our 24 inch monitor of choice for movies. We carefully researched and came up with this candidate as our preferred monitor for movies in the 24 inch category. And it does the job perfectly.
It has a host of features for the serious gamer and movie buff; you can game and watch movies in full blissful 3D, using 3D goggles. The Acer 3D Gaming Monitor gives you a run for your money.
This is a TN panel featuring Full HD resolution at 1920×1080 at 144Hz and a 16×9 display aspect ratio. When it comes to Refresh rate, the higher the better visuals you get. You’ll get the most benefits when playing fast paced action scenes, whether in games or movies.
What about response time? It’s an impressive 1 millisecond. This is one of the two monitors in this review that features 1ms response time. With this feature, your games and movies would display in fluid manner, giving you the best experience possible.
Another distinctive feature is the 100,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio which delivers the darkest blacks and brightest whites for true-to-life images when watching movies. This display produces detailed and bright images with the 350 cd/m² brightness setting. This is higher than the standard 250 nits most monitors in the market have, enhancing visual clarity of images and movies.
Here are some unique features of this display.
- NVIDIA 3D LIGHTBOOST
There’s also NVIDIA® 3D LightBoost™ Technology which tremendously improves brightness when in 3D modes without corresponding increase in power consumption.
You are also able to experience immersive 3D images that’s twice as bright as other monitors. With advanced active shutter 3D technology, the Acer 3D experience is ideal for home entertainment, and multiple pairs of glasses can be used simultaneously for shared enjoyment.
- 3D PLAYBACK
Your movie-watching experience will definitely get a boost, as the monitor fully supports 3D Blu-ray movies and YouTube 3D playback. You are also able to play just about any of the up to 700 game titles that support NVidia® 3D Vision. Immerse yourself in the game and movies at all times.
- FAST RESPONSE TIMUltra-fast 1 millisecond response time makes your movie watching sessions enjoyable with fluid playback of 3D movies and Blu-ray movies.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY
If you’re going to be using this monitor for watching movies a lot, then you won’t have to worry about excessive power consumption because it uses mercury-free white LED backlighting. Besides, the monitor meets ENERGY STAR requirements. Acer EcoDisplay technologies deliver up to 68% power savings, further conserving energy and costs. Above all this, Acer packaging is made of recyclable materials, too.
Other considerations include the fact that it is VESA compatible, is designed for maximum ergonomics with the ability to tilt, swivel and pivot effortlessly. You can also adjust the height of the screen with just a little push underneath the panel.
For connectivity, we have HDMI, VGA, and DVI. There is no audio input jack. The weight is around 7+ pounds, which means you have to flex your muscles a bit carrying it around when the need arises. The unit lacks a speaker for audio output. If you are big on audio output, get a better speaker like the Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers.
Other accessories you might consider include the NVidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses for immersive 3D movies and gaming.
All shit aside, this monitor can serve a dual purpose, gaming and movie watching. If you are going to be doing both much, then get it without delay. It does a good job at it at a friendly price. The link is below.
- Great performance
- 3D Vision Ready
- Fast Response time
- Varied connectivity options
- VESA compatibility
- No speakers
- No DisplayPort
Having come to the end of this review for best 24 inch monitor for 2021, we are confident that you will find your desired choice of a monitor from our pick of 10 monitors for a plethora of purposes and applications. What do you think?
Is there a monitor you feel should be in this list that we didn’t include, feel free to drop a comment below and let us know. One of our articles you might want to check out is our build guides for the best PC build you need. However, if you’re into laptops, you should check out our article on the best laptops for Solidworks 2021, or see other reviews here. You can also visit this page for a detailed step-by-step guide on building your PC.
You can also share this article on social media using the buttons below. We can’t wait to hear your comments. Thanks for your time.
MORE TO SEE
My passion for PC hardware is my greatest motivation. I love technology and how it can make life easier and less complicated! When I’m not tinkering with hardware, I’m reading. I love to travel and I usually can’t wait to sit down on my PC to work.
I’m also a copywriter, designer, video editor, and writer. I also do some 3D with 3DS Max. Do you want to reach me? Use the Social Media buttons, or shoot me an email. I’ll be glad to hear from you!